Dr. Richard M Evans Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard M Evans?

Good doctors, poor office/service

I really like the doctors here, but may well consider using another urologist. The office assistant NEVER answers the phone - as far as I can tell, there is no one who'll answer the phone live. You have to press the extension for "doctors" and pretend you're a health professional. When you actually do get through to book an appointment, the assistant isn't very friendly. When you get into the office, if the staff at the front desk are typing on the computer, they won't actually acknowledge you until you interrupt them. Then, they scowl at you for interrupting their typing. These doctors are specialists, which means you're coming to them because you have a concern that's outside the realm of basic health issues. It means you might actually be nervous or upset about what brought you to the specialist in the first place. If you're lucky, you won't have but a few interactions with the office, so those first few are important. Someone here doesn't care that they run an awful office with awful staff. I'll assume that the Office Manager is to blame. So here are some suggestions: assign someone to answer phones and take appointments. Live. Smile when someone enters your office. When someone walks up to the desk (where there is no sign-in sheet), stop what your doing or place your call on hold, and say something, oh, like, "May I help you?" Just a thought.

I have been seeing Dr Evans for about 20 years. He has an excellent bedside manner. I always feel that he has a lot of concern about me, the patient. I think he is an excellent doctor, and would recommend him without reservation.

Brilliant

I went to 3 well known Urologists in NYC- all were failed to find my kidney cancer. Dr. Evans made a quick and accurate diagnosis and performed my surgery - I'm so grateful.

Money Grubber

I had a blood tests to diagnose an unrelated condition, it came back with a PSA above 5 which led my PCP to arrange for a 2nd test which came back with a PSA count of 4. A test from 2 years earlier showed a PSA level slightly above 1. My PCP suggested I see an Urologist, Dr Evans. Dr Evans said the only way to be sure I didn't have Prostate cancer was to have a biopsy which had a slight risk of complication, I elected not to have the biopsy and scheduled a 3rd blood test through my PCP, it came back with a PSA count less than 1.Shortly prior to the 3rd blood test I received a copy of letter to my PCP from Dr Evans stating that I was forewarned about the consequences of not having a biopsy which could be life threatening. I received a 2nd registered letter a month later stating that Dr Evans was withdrawing professional attendance and if an emergency should arise I should go to the nearest emergency room. It appears that Dr Evans was more willing to take a path that generated revenue and used scare tactics rather than one that was less intrusive. When the revenue stream stopped so did his interest in me.

Very caring and extremely skilled

Dr. Richard M Evans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Nyack, NY.