- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard M Zuniga MD
Dr. Richard Zuniga is as a board certified hematologist-oncologist. Dr. Richard Zuniga practiced as an Attending Physician and then became the Medical Director of Clinical Research at Lowell General Hospital. He has also practiced at New York Methodist Hospital, where he received the Attending Teaching Excellence Award in 2015. Before practicing medicine, Dr. Zuniga earned his Medical Degree (M.D.) at Universidad de San Martin de Porres in Peru. Dr. Zuniga completed his Residency, and his first Fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital, where he also practiced as an Attending Physician. He then completed two more Fellowships; in Hematology-Oncology, and Drug Development Research at the University of Texas Health Service Center. Dr. Zuniga has been recognized for his fight against breast cancer, receiving the Breast Cancer Achievement Award from the Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Symposium in 2010. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and Hematology, The European Society of Hematology, and the Society for Neuro-Oncology. He has authored several peer-reviewed manuscripts, which have been featured in the Journal of Neuro-Oncology. NYCBS is proud to have Dr. Zuniga attending, as he will impact its practice for years to come.
72 E Main St
Babylon, NY 11702
Dr. Richard M Zuniga has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Richard M Zuniga has the following 13 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
16 Years Experience
Universidad de San Martin de Porres
Graduated in 2003
Henry Ford Hospital
Dr. Richard M Zuniga Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNew York Cancer & Blood Specialists (NYCBS), 72 E Main St, Babylon, NY
Dr. Richard M Zuniga is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lowell, MA.