Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard D Mainwaring
Dr. Richard D Mainwaring, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stanford, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Mainwaring has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard D Mainwaring has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Right Heart Bypass
- Pleural Effusion
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Ventricular Septal Defects
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Mainwaring spent three hours just explaining to his his initial diagnosis and treatment plan. I had a list of questions prepared and his explanations covered every single one of them before I asked even one. He was there every morning to visit my child before 7am. I completely trusted him with my child's open heart surgery and would again without question.
Dr. Mainwaring performed open-heart surgery on two of my children and was fantastic. He is an outstanding surgeon and I wish he was still in our area. My one daughter was born premature about 2 months and only weighed about 4 lbs when he operated on her, Dr. Mainwaring stayed by her bedside the first couple hours to make sure there were no complications. He really goes above and beyond to care for his patients!
36 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Richard D Mainwaring accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard D Mainwaring in this video.
Dr. Richard D Mainwaring is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.