Dr. Richard S Mandel Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Richard S Mandel?

one of if not the best doctors office I have ever had I have been going to them since 1998 I love their staff and everyone in the practice

This is why I don't seek Tx from Drs

I was a new patient today and arrived to my appointment 20 mins before scheduled time to fill out paperwork. The things asked in this packet are vague and irrelevant to my treatment. ( why is it pertinent to know when my great grandparents died and cause of death?) The assistant took me into the exam room and proceeded to ask me every question in the packet word for word. I aid, I just spent 45 mins filling it out, why don't you read what I wrote? As I was waiting for the Dr a number of assistants came into my exam room for supplies and no one acknowledged me sitting there. Lack of common courtesy if you ask me. When the Dr finally came in he was extremely rude and dismissive. He spoke to me like a condescending jerk, talked over me and didn't listen to my complaints. I have been having shortness of breath and chest pains and he told me it's because I smoke. I have smoked for 20+ years and these symptoms have only been present for the last two weeks. It seems like the medical community automatically assumes ANYTHING wrong is smoking related. I was asked to give a blood sample and urine sample for testing. When I went into the restroom I was shocked and absolutely disgusted that there was a large amount of blood all over the toilet seat. EWWW!!!!!! I will NEVER go back to Dr. Mandel and will recommend that NO ONE EVER goes to him for ANYTHING!!!

over worked

first of all i moved to n.e. phila from south philly 20 years ago and could not find i decent dr, for the first 5 years i came here. dr. mandel is a caring and great doc. he has helped me with multiple problems over the years. i have had very bad back problems and he has refered me to a good specialist and took care of my needs , also when my dad moved in with me he helped me with his alsehimers and recomended additional help placing him with hospice. he was very helpful. but since a near.by doctor closed and he took on additional patiences the office is a little slower and the wait is a little longer , also the staff that work there a very helpful. this man is over worked!

Very Different Doctor

I've known Dr Mandel for many years, since he first graduated from med school and believe he is not the same caring, thorough doctor he was then. He now speaks so fast you can barely catch what he's saying, especially if you aren't feeling well. He almost never makes eye contact and on most occasions keeps his back to you! He is very rude and egotistical ! I am never seen on or anywhere near my appointment time and then wait in the exam room for an additional 10-15 minutes, only to be rushed through. He refuses to order necessary tests and therefore leads to misdiagnoses and longer recovery time for the patient. Last but definitely not least, his front office staff run the show. They decide who will be seen or made to wait until another day. I've heard one staff member in particular call in a refill for Xanax to a pharmacy. Not only did I hear the name and dose of the medication but the the patients name and birthdate! Very unprofessional! There are two other very nice doctors in his Ashton Road office that I would recommend but if he is the only doc available, do yourself a favor and " go to the ER".

Smh!!!

I had an appointment today to see Dr.mandel my family Dr. that I had for more the 7yrs. This visits was so unbelievable. He was rude to my two children the entire visit I watched how he looked at my youngest with ignorance across his face. And then denied me a neck brace for my neck! I've been in so much pain since my accident 3 yrs ago. And all I wanted was some comfort. I referred two people to his office and now they go there, they feel the same way they say that he seems to not really care about his pts. My mom left my sister and I will never come back to his office again!!!

Dr. Man del is most definitely the WORST Dr. I have ever had the misfortune of being treated by. His bedside manner and lack of respect or empathy is appalling. I came to him at a very low point in my life, after being treated by a Dr. That put me on Xanax. I told this Dr. That I felt like I was getting addicted, and he continued to keep me on this medicine. I made the decision that I did not want to be on this medicine and went in to a program to be taken off of this medicine. After I left that treatment plan, I was referred to Dr Mandel and was treated so bad and was told that I would never be able to stay clean and that he felt I didn't have what it would take to stay of the medicine. So I went there with the hopes of someone wanting to help me but instead left with more issues. I was never so humiliated in all my life. I would love to go in and tell him how very wrong and judgmental he was and how unprofessional a Dr. He is. But he upset me so much that, I know I would either be thrown out or act inappropriately. Anyone thinking of going to a Dr. For some help and a caring empathetic Dr. Should stay away from Dr. Man del!!!!! By the way I haven't been back on the medicine that he claimed I was not strong enough to stay off of. Thanks for nothing!!

Dr. Adrline

Rude, egotistical, uncaring, sloppy, poor excuse for a so called doctor.

Mandel

Dr. Richard S Mandel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.