Dr. Richard A Marder Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard A Marder?

arthroscopic surgery experience

Dr. Marder did arthroscopic surgery on both my knees in 2005 for the left knee and in 2008 for the right knee. He did an excellent job on both. I was a ballroom and latin dance competitor for the senior category here in California and other states. After surgery and rehab. I am still active in competitive dancing and has won top awards after surgery. Great job!!!!!!Dr. Marder and Thank You so much. Now I have a rotator cuff tear and is assigned to a different Orthopedic surgeon so we shall see.

Scientist

I've played all of the court sports (paddle ball, racquetball, badminton, squash, and handball) for my entire life as well as the typical baseball, football, and basketball, starting as a youngster (8-10 years old). Injuries galore from playing sports as expected. I had two back surgeries (one at Mayo, Rochester) and care under two orthopedists at Johns Hopkins as my job moved me around the country. I give this background to let you know I've had the privilege to come under the care of well-known outstanding surgeons. Ten years ago I stared to have serious problems with my knees due to injuries on the handball court. And fortunately, I was close enough to Sacramento to visit Dr. Marder whose name was made known to me by a graduate of UC-Davis Med School. Now for the long story short: I've had arthroscopic surgery on both knees at the hand of Dr. Marder. The results are absolutely unbelievably outstanding. Those in Sacramento and relatively close to Sacramento like myself are indeed fortunate to have a surgeon of this quality in our midst—I would rank him "world renowned" alongside the other outstanding surgeons I've known at Mayo (Rochester) and Johns Hopkins. In my case, Dr. Marder identified the knee problems through a short physical exam and then the MRI's validated his diagnoses. I feel like he gave me new knees (through challenging arthroscopic surgery) when other orthopedic surgeons wanted to perform total knee replacements on both knees. I suspect he treated me just like the NBA stars he has helped (at least I felt like a pro ballplayer in his presence!). And "the proof of the pudding" is that I'm the only 76 year old handball player in my club (many members) who can still play singles. Thank you, Dr. Marder.

Amazing Doctor

Without a doubt, the finest, most competent, most compassionate orthopaedic surgeon in the country today. He repaired my badly mangled knee so well that twenty plus years later it is fully functional and remains stronger than its untouched counterpart.