Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard A Mathe
Dr. Richard A Mathe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Littleton, CO. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mathe is affiliated with Avista Adventist Hospital, St Anthony North Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Mathe has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard A Mathe has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 5
Honesty is the best policy. I personally love this Dr. because of it. Dr. Mathe loves what he does and it shows. He is a renowned Dr. of his trade and my mother and I are honored to have him as her Dr. My mother adores this Dr. and values his opinion, even though she is his rare oddity given her heart condition . Thank you Dr. Mathe for all you continue to do.
Dr Mathe assisted me in a tacycardia problem, back in gosh i dont remember 08 09, and i've followed up annually with him. I'm very lucky that the tacy incidents have been far between, two before i saw him, and three after, the last was last year. Dr Mathe went into my heart, checked out everything like I was a porsche and he had been flown in to work on me. Echocardiograms and medication later, even with other health problems, Dr Mathe has been consise and offered reat advise. At first I was a little intimidated by his very professional demeanor, until his Green Bay Packers were in the SuperBowl, and there has was for my checkup with a cheese head hat. Dont let that fool you, this is one serious, educated and ultra-competent professional. Thank you Dr. Mathe for the help you've given me over hte last five, or six years!
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
Dr. Mathe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Richard A Mathe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Denver Cardiology Associates, 1000 Southpark Dr, Littleton, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Mathe in this video.
Dr. Richard A Mathe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Littleton, CO.