Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard R Mcbride
Dr. Richard R Mcbride, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Mcbride is affiliated with Turkey Creek Medical Center, Physicians Regional Medical Center and LaFollette Medical Center. Dr. Mcbride has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard R Mcbride has the following 1 specialty
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Richard R Mcbride has the following 5 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Richard R Mcbride has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
n May of 2010 I had a syncope (fainting) episode while visiting in Knoxville and was taken to St. Marys hospital by EMS. After days of tests, Dr. McBride just popped in and said that he had been looking at my chart and thought that he knew what the problem was, based on my description of an long-term ongoing history of shortness of breath and lightheadedness occurring when fast walk exercising with a pulse rate of about 115 bmp. He asked if he could perform an exploratory heart catherization and with his equipment brought my heart rate up to that 115 beat rate, at which time my blood pressure dropped in half (140 down to 70) IMMEDIATELY. This rapid drop in blood flow to my brain caused the fainting. He performed a heart ablation, to help control and stabilize my heart beat, while the catheter was still in place and corrected the problem with no further invasive procedures and absolutely no reoccurrence events now one year later. I believe that something more than coincidence brought us together, since I live in West Palm Beach, Florida and was just passing thru the area and was taken to his hospital strictly by chance. He is truly a knowledgeable, skilled and caring health provider, and has a great personality and bedside manner to boot.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mcbride is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Carilion Health System
Dr. Richard R Mcbride accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsStatcare Medical Group, 2240 Sutherland Ave Ste 104, Knoxville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard R Mcbride in this video.
Dr. Richard R Mcbride is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.