Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard F Mcclenahan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
It can take a long time to get to see the doctor, and often the appointments run late, but they are worth it ... he takes time to listen to you and diagnose, not just run tests. I have been his patient for 25 years or more, and sometimes have had to urge him to actually run tests (which always turned out to be unneeded). One time I had a fungal infection that was bothering me a lot. He called up a friend in dermatology -- while I was in the patient exam room with him -- and got an old fashioned remedy, no drugs, that worked ! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. McClenehan.
This doctor didn't pick up the warning signs that my daughter was on her way to a heart attack; didn't call for blood draw and urinalysis when she complained of kidney disease symptoms; and didn't tell me that my pelvic x-ray showed "possible lumbar radiculopathy", causing me months of improperly treated pain, hydrocodon problems and miserable withdrawal symptoms -- plus I might have to undergo back surgery because a bulging disk was neglected. Lately he has snapped at me for asking questions. I think he needs a long rest...
39 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Richard F Mcclenahan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter for Senior Health, 3015 Squalicum Pkwy Ste 100, Bellingham, WA
Dr. Richard F Mcclenahan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellingham, WA.