Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard E Minter has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
He didn't listen to what I had to tell him. He heard me, but didn't work with me at all from my side. Was insistent that his knowledge was absolute - wont work with what you yourself would like to do - was treated like an object on an assembly line. Overall I would also say AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Nice enough building and nice staff. But what does that matter when the practicing Dr. is awful.
I think people writing these reviews have some bias based on the fact that Dr. Minter's bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. He rarely smiles but becomes more friendly as he asks questions. I found his diagnosis to be accurate and his treatment very helpful, and I am grateful for him. He does charge for no-shows and won't submit claims to insurance. It is my understanding that in Columbus few psychiatrists do file claims for insurance...they're so few of them that they don't have to.
Thank God after I left this doctor I found a competent one. The dosages of medications he prescribed for me even the pharmacist questioned. They were not effective and he wouldn't prescribe the ones that would be that I am on now and doing much better. From the time spent waiting in his office where you can hear everything the office lady said it became clear that he put many of his patients on the same drugs. While I was not improving at all he told my employer that I could return to work. I lost my job because of this. This man is not caring and just runs assembly line medicine. Avoid at all cost.
44 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Richard E Minter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard E Minter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worthington, OH.