The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi has the following 13 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Laser Surgery
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 45
I came to Dr. Mizuguchi for my bad skin. I'm 23 and fairly self-conscious about it (naturally). When I went to him and I removed my makeup to get my analysis, he asked me if I had seen a dermatologist before. When I explained I hadn't he proceeded to look shocked and said, "Really? It's really, really bad looking. I'm surprised you haven't come in." I felt so embarrassed that he had made such negative comments about how I looked without makeup that I never went back. I just don't think that he has the sensitivity towards his patients that is indicative of a caring doctor.
I also did not like Dr. Mizuguchi's attitude. Arrogant and hardly looked at my skin. I showed him some bumps that I wanted removed. He told me that there was only one type of special lasor that could remove them and he gave me the name of some other specialist. His glib attitude made me think twice about following his recommendation. So, instead I went to a different derm. My new derm was able to get rid of the bumps with no problem and without a lasor.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mizuguchi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Wayne State University
Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSkin Solutions Dermatology Pc, 7 W 24th St Apt 1, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi in this video.
Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.