Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Richard S Mizuguchi?

This fantastic doctor keeps my head full of hair. Thank you!

Dermatology

I came to Dr. Mizuguchi for my bad skin. I'm 23 and fairly self-conscious about it (naturally). When I went to him and I removed my makeup to get my analysis, he asked me if I had seen a dermatologist before. When I explained I hadn't he proceeded to look shocked and said, "Really? It's really, really bad looking. I'm surprised you haven't come in." I felt so embarrassed that he had made such negative comments about how I looked without makeup that I never went back. I just don't think that he has the sensitivity towards his patients that is indicative of a caring doctor.

hair loss

I love how knowledgeable he is. He is very friendly but has moved to a new office on 2nd avenue. I will still follow him and recommend him to friends.

Knowledgable, professional and caring

I would highly recommend Dr. Mizuguchi. Knowledgable, professional, really cares. Have used him for years.

Disappointed

I also did not like Dr. Mizuguchi's attitude. Arrogant and hardly looked at my skin. I showed him some bumps that I wanted removed. He told me that there was only one type of special lasor that could remove them and he gave me the name of some other specialist. His glib attitude made me think twice about following his recommendation. So, instead I went to a different derm. My new derm was able to get rid of the bumps with no problem and without a lasor.

Nice doctor, HORRIBLE staff!

I've meet Dr Mizuguchi and scheduled a follow up. The day of my appointement I was sick and had to call and reschedule. They called me back and left a message to say the appointment could not work and to call back to reschedule or to go at the appointment I had that day. I had stomach flu, that wasn't an option. I called her back, she said she would have to check for an other availability. She called me and left a message to tell me it would be at X date WITHOUT checking if i was available. When I called her back to say I was traveling that week, she said it was the third time I CANCELLED or NOT SHOW UP I would need to do a deposit to book my next appointment !!!!!! I try very hard to stay polite event if I considered her tone and manners very inappropriate. I gently ask to speak to the Dr. She said he will call me back. She called back and said the doctor would reschedule without deposit. I had no intention to book any appointment. I wanted Dr Mizuguchi to know how BAD his staff his!

Never met a dermatologist prior to Dr Mizuguchi who doesn't look at your skin. Quite a bizarre personality and appears on edge. Good diagnostic skills, but does not compensate for lack of bedside manner.

Maybe good for cosmetic issues

but not for medical issues. He seemed to be under a lot of pressure and totally rushed. Didn't seem to be interested in helping a non-cosmetic skin problem.

Excellent dermatologist

Dr. Mizuguchi is very knowledgeable not just in his field. He is fast , direct , right to the point. Doesn't try to push anything on you. Makes you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend him to everyone who needs a dermatologist.

Dr. Mizuguchi is an excellent dermatologist who really cares about his patients. He is thorough and extremely knowledgeable. He has a great personality to boot. I would highly recommend him to everyone who needs a dermatologist.

Wonderful doctor

Dr. Mizaguchi is very knowledgeable; his staff and office are very pleasant as well.

What dermatologist doesn't even want to look at your skin, and tells you to take your own pictures at home??? $40 copay down the drain!