Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard O'Connor Jr
Dr. Richard O'Connor Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. O'Connor is affiliated with Spectrum Health Medical Center, Spectrum Health - Butterworth Hospital and Metro Health Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard O'Connor Jr has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Lupus Nephritis
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Oconnor is top notch in his field! I have never had a Dr. that I would wait for, but I wait for him, because he is the best! Nevere have I felt like he was rushing me to get to another appointment, or time to leave. He always has what ever time I need. He also doesn't just give you a answer, he will explain and teach you if necessary! I highly recommend him!!!He has been my Dr. since 2001.
Dr. O'Connor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Spectrum Health Medical Center
Spectrum Health - Butterworth Hospital
Metro Health Hospital
Saint Mary`s Health Care
Spectrum Health - Blodgett Hospital
35 Years Experience
University of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Richard O'Connor Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4070 Lake Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Richard O'Connor Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.