Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard W Oshaughnessy has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Richard W Oshaughnessy has the following 18 expertise
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Prenatal Care
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Premature Birth
- Fetal Erythroblastosis
- Premature Labor
- Hot Flashes
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pregnancy in Diabetics
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
Dr. Richard W Oshaughnessy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
When I was diagnosed with TTTS in 2001, a procedure needed to be done to correct the problem but instead Dr. O chose to go on a previously planned holiday vacation with his family and said I would be fine until he returned. The condition rapidly progressed and while he was on vacation, I was in the hospital watching my babies die in the NICU. When you take the oath to be a physician, you have to choose what is best for your patients. No holiday vacation is worth the death of two innocent children.
This Dr. is terribly unprofessional. He was concerned about my wife's borderline high bp and specifically preeclampsia. However, he proceeded to send my wife and I into a panic while telling us to immediately head to the hospital for testing. When I asked what this means, he stated "baby death", and left it at that. No joke. So my wife's bp obviously jumped another 10 points. This was simply unacceptable bedside manner, and borderline malicious.
He came very highly recommended but was largely a disappointment. First let me say that I didn't see anything to question his clinical skill. My issue was largely with some requests that I made to which they initially responded favorably but ultimately I couldn't get them to follow up or return a call.
45 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Richard W Oshaughnessy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
Locations & DirectionsMiami Valley Hospital, 1 Wyoming St, Dayton, OH
Dr. Richard W Oshaughnessy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dayton, OH.