Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Schwartz
Dr. Richard Schwartz, MD, PC is a Doctor primarily located in Ayer, MA, with another office in Concord, MA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with Emerson Hospital, Nashoba Valley Medical Center and Apple Valley Nursing & Rehab Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Schwartz has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Schwartz was extremely rude and made very unprofessional comments. He also failed to explain things at all. I would never see him again. He made numerous remarks about my fiance's weight that were unnecessary from a medical point of view. He then proceeded to make fun of another student for being overweight and I just couldn't believe his gall.
I found Dr. Schwartz to be a very cold and uncaring doctor and would not recommend anyone use him. He did a routine colonoscopy and found a fairly large polyp. Before I was out of anesthesia, he put the fear of God into my wife...telling her I most likely had cancer and had to have surgery within the next month (I recall some of the conversation but not much). She was in tears and very stressed. A week later, the biopsy indicated it was not cancer...but he maintained it still could be. I had the surgery done by a color and rectal specialist at Lahey Clinic...and the polyp was not cancer. This would be the place to go for a colonoscopy--not Dr. Schwartz.
Dr. Schwartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Nashoba Valley Medical Center
Apple Valley Nursing & Rehab Center
41 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Richard Schwartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Schwartz in this video.
Dr. Richard Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ayer, MA.