Dr. Richard Townsend Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Richard Townsend?

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

I've been a grateful patient of Dr. Townsend's for over 30 years and he has provided excellent, compassionate care to me and my family. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a physician.

Posted on May 21st, 2015

Wants too many visits. Wants visits when patient does not need to see the doctor. I felt he wants you to come in often so he can bill the insurance co.

Posted on April 27th, 2015

Love Dr Townsend and Dr Grundy. They are wonderful people who truly care for their patients.

Trending worse

Posted on March 30th, 2015

Townsend has been my primary physician my whole life. The practice is losing touch with the grass-roots care and understanding that helped Townsend become a successful doctor. All he and his practice are now concerned with are 1. shoving pharmaceuticals down your throat (heavy emphasis on the newest, non-generic meds) and 2. billing extra items on your visit invoice without proper, proactive communication. The practice was great before he made the decision focus strictly on monetary gain by selling out to Big Pharma.

RUDE, COCKY, RACIST!

Posted on June 27th, 2013

Very rude and disrespectful! I have heard him speak to his staff as if they were the dirt on the bottom of his shoes. The last time I visited he scalded the sweet girl at the front to the point that she ran to the restroom crying. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone!

terrible organization, dr. used profanity, waited over an hr....

Posted on September 11th, 2012

This was one of the worst doctor visits. Appt. Was at 10:30, I didn't leave until 12:15!! I was in miserable pain and the doc talked and talked and talked...so rude! Calling ppl on the west coast a**holes and dumb. Rambling on and on, he looked into one ear and my throat then started rambling on again this time about seperation of whites, blacks and mexicans. He then brought me into his office which was so messy, files everywhere, pull out a presc. Tablet (old school) not to mention the outdated signage in the waiting room, next to the bible and wrote me a script for antibiotics. I had an ear and throat infection. All he put me on were antibiotics. The admin ran my card on accident for another patient (messy desk) ran it for the difference than called me that afternoon for a $9 balance that she forgot to charge me!!I was is bed for 4 days, throat pain subsided but went to my regular doc yesterday. She pulled me off the antibiotics because I also have a double ear infection and swolen lymph nodes!!!!!I was mortified and angry about that doc office. Don't go! The lady at the

Great doctor!

Posted on July 26th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Townsend for years. He is a great doctor and has a friendly staff. I would definetly recommend him.

Great doctor, friendly staff

Posted on July 10th, 2012

Dr. Townsend and his staff are excellent! He really takes time to listen to his patients and is very caring. His staff is friendly helpful and courteous. I feel lucky to have found him.

This office is more interested in profit than patients

Posted on April 28th, 2012

This doctors practice has gotten too large. He has 2 nurse practitioners and I was assigned to one of them. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and have NEVER had a problem with billing. This doctor and his nurse practitioners dont bill in-house they send it out. The Nurse wrongly coded my lab work and the "billing service" was of no help. My insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield said they would be happy to pay for the bills that were due to diagnose me if the nurse would recode the procedures to accurately reflect the nature of the tests. After getting their assurances that this would be done I got a bill from a collection agency yesterday. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRACTICE UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE.

Posted on August 19th, 2010

Dr. Townsend is a great GP! He's very caring and I feel like I could go to him to talk about anything at all...He always takes time to keep up with what else is going on in your life, outside of your office visit - we end up laughing and joking, which is medicine in itself!

Family doctor

Posted on January 6th, 2010

over all great family doctor

Posted on November 18th, 2009

Clean, modern office with a great staff and really nice nurse. I feel blessed to have found such a great doctor.