Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard L Pantera Jr has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Richard L Pantera Jr has the following 10 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Headache Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Richard L Pantera Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard L Pantera Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
He misdiagnosed me with epilepsy and put me on seizure meds for several years, none of which I needed. I finally went to another more educated doctor elsewhere who told me that Pantera "overdiagnoses" patients with epilepsy, gets a lot of Pantera's patients, and hears the same complaints of his abysmal bedside manner. If you don't mind being treating as a subhuman by a dr., his wife, and an overall strange staff, his office would be the right place. If not, be willing to drive or fly far away from this big fish in a small pond for a proper dx in a decent metropolitant area.
I have been hearing bad reports about this neurologist from patients. Well, I am sorry to say, they are wrong. I am a younger male patient, age 25. This doctor probably saved my life. He is kind and very respectful. He is straight forward and very to the point, which all neurologist are like. I am going to forever recommend this doctor to anyone who needs to see a neurologist.
My Wife was seen by this Dr in Visalia and she was hospitalized for over a week and we only saw him once! he misdiagnosed her condition, never came to check on her after ordering numerous test's and never came to give us the results of the testing that was done and she was later diagnosed with a potentially fatal and debilitating disease and his bedside manner is horrible!
45 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Richard L Pantera Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard L Pantera Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Visalia, CA.