Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard S Panush has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard S Panush has the following 17 expertise
- Joint Diseases
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Muscule Diseases
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Infectious Arthritis (septic arthritis)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 6
He made me wait hours and basically called me a hypochondriac. He never opened my file or reviewed my blood work and had the resident examine me. I understand he is more involved in education then treating patients.... I would not use him for education, research or as a doctor ever again...nor would I recommend him to anyone.
He was condescending and didn't even spend a lot of time with me- he sent in a resident and then said he could not help me. He was rude and most unpleasant to deal with. He said I was not sick enough for his time. I think he thought he was a God of some sort. I wanted to report him to the MA! I was happy to not be sick enough and left him for a much better Dr. who worked with me to fix the problem and spent reasonable time trying to help me. A lesson to be learned.
I was not told when I made the appointment that I would not be seeing Dr. Panush directly. Dr. Panus said he would not even help me until I had an MD, that I can not keep seeing specialist. I could choose one of the residency he had brought in the room or a doctor of my own. I WAITING 3 MONTHS IN PAIN TO BE TOLD THAT. I LEFT WITH NO HELP, NO EXPLANATION OF MY PROBLEM.
51 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1967
Duke University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLos Angeles County / Usc Medical Center, 1200 N State St, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Richard S Panush is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.