Dr. Richard R Pelker Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Richard R Pelker?

Recommended.

arrogant snob

knee replacement

He did a total knee replacement I saw him for 2 min. in the hospital the morning after my surgey only to tell me he was going away for the weekend.so I never saw him the whole time I was in the hospital. I went to see him because after 4 weeks my leg swell up and was hot to touch and was running a fever he toldme it was ok.would not do a blood test or x rsay told me to wait for 4 more weeks. Well let me tell you I have a bad infection in my knee and in my bone ,would not of had this if he would just listen to me. Not very happy with this Doctor.

Pelker has no compassion

My experience with Dr. Pelker was sub-par. He didn't show up at appointments after the surgery even after I had sent a letter expressing my concerns. He is cold, uncompassionate and can't see past his own ego. I have to have another surgery due to the problems that I experienced that Pelker would NOT address during follow up visits. Yale should be ashamed to have him on their team.

Sullen, dismissive but skillful

Surgeon for knee(s) replacement

I went into finding a doctor to replace my knees with almost forensic detail. I talked to lots of people.....patients, nurses, physical therapists etc. I watched people walk and move after surgery. I chose Dr. Pelker because he had a very good track record. Is he warm and fuzzy, no. Is he good....yes he is. Other professionals have recommended him to their patients after seeing my results.

spent 5 min. with me. did not listen to my explanation of my problem. Looked at the x-ray and mri that had been done by my primary care practioner and said that there was nothing wrong and sent me away eventhough my knee and leg still continues to hurt. In short is was also, very RUDE and acted like I wasted his time.

Knows what he is talking about, tells it like it is, yet doesn't jump into surgery

Dr. Richard R Pelker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.