Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard J Peller has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Richard J Peller has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Richard J Peller is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Very nice man, but he has a bit dated style of medicine. I started seeing him with my infant son, he never seemed to listen to me that I wasn't interested in letting him cry it out, and would start telling me how to do it at every visit even though I never asked. My son had a really hard time latching due to a mild tongue tie, and he didn't seem concerned, he told me there was nothing wrong with formula instead of trying to help me. At 6 months he told me to wean him on to formula, and spent a lot of time advising me how to do so, even though I have no indication that I had any interest in doing so. He made me feel rushed like I wasn't able to ask all the questions I had and that my concerns were silly. Again, he is a nice doctor and I'm sure knowledgeable in other areas, but I do not recommend him for infant care, especially if you are a nursing mother.
No doctor can compare to this talented man. He puts his heart into his work, and it shows. Sometimes there is a wait, but it's well worth it for the loving care he provides. He explains everything in detail before you even have to ask. I have and will continue to recommend this doctor to everyone I know.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Peller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1990
United States Air Force Base Hospital
Dr. Richard J Peller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMankato Clinic Wickersham Campus, 1421 Premier Dr, Mankato, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard J Peller in this video.
Dr. Richard J Peller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mankato, MN.