Dr. Richard J Piccione Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard J Piccione?

Great Doc!

We brought our 2 year old daughter to see Dr. Piccione for a lazy eye. We saw a few other docs and did not get the treatment that his office gave us. He was pleasant and very knowledgeable about her condition and made us feel comfortable about her diagnosis. I certainly don't get some of the negative reviews and will tell our friends and family about a great experience with he and his staff. We have been back with our other two children and always receive great care.

Should NOT be in peds, period.

This man is AWFUL!!!! I took my then 7 month old daughter to him for a screening. He told me after a silent exam as he is walking out the door that shes legally blind! He then says he will send in the nurse to bring her for glasses! He spent all of 5 minutes in the room putting lenses in her face, then left! Can you imagine as a parent having a PEDS doctor drop a bomb on you like that and not even care!?!?! That was my first and last visit. I don't care if he's a great doctor, you do not get into pediatrics and be unable to function in a half decent manner around parents. Go see Susan Azar or the out of town docs that come in for clinic before you see this man.

Awesome physician! Excellent staff.

We had gone to a couple of other doctors previously and I felt like the 2 different diagnoses I got were not correct. Like others have said, he doesn't come off as the most friendly, but I am more comfortable with his expertise than anyone else we have been to. Our wait time is always short.

One unhappy patient!

I would never recommend Dr. Piccione to anyone. He is unprofessional and not very friendly unless you're a girl/woman, but I'm sure many woman know that. I've heard many disturbing things about him and will never go there again.I felt the office was unsanitary and unwelcoming. The doctor is also very arrogant and uncomfortable as a woman to be around. The staff is rude. Overall it's a disturbing and unprofessional place to go!

Professional, prompt

Wait time is never an issue. He is in and out after getting all the facts and asking a few questions. He is very knowledgeable. No nonsense.

Dr. Piccione does not have a very good bedside manner. He comes off arrogant and is kind of short answering questions (which I always have a lot of). However, I do feel he is a very competent doctor, and will continue to take my son to see him. I recommend him, just don't expect a lot of chit chat in the exam room.

In and out

He's the only doc in Lafayette. Crowed office, no toys, books or TV for the kids to watch while waiting (which normally takes about 1 hour). They have an aquarium ... but after 15 minutes kids get bored.Staff seams to be always in a hurry to get the next patience in. The only polite and nice are the financial/schedule people.He does not talk much. My only option here so I just take a deep breath before I go there with my 3 years old.