Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard P Porreco
Dr. Richard P Porreco, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denver, CO. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Genetics (M.D.), Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Porreco is affiliated with Lutheran Medical Center and Littleton Adventist Hospital. Dr. Porreco has received 6 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard P Porreco has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Richard P Porreco has the following 8 expertise
- Diseases in Twins
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pregnancy Complications, Hematologic
- Obstetric Labor Complications
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Hot Flashes
- Fetal Diseases
Dr. Richard P Porreco has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard P Porreco is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I cannot say enough praise for Dr. Porreco and his team. I am the grandmother of twins that would not be alive today if it wasn't for him. My daughter went into early labor - 23 weeks, she was help flighted from Billings to Denver with the hopes that he could possibly save one twin. She was dilated to 8 and Lincoln was making his way and labor couldn't be stopped. Dr. Porreco delivered Lincoln and he performed a cerclage keeping Eleanor in another 3 weeks when she was delivered. Twins delivered three weeks apart, 23 and 26 weeks. AND BOTH babies are doing great, they are 18 months old. We owe everything to this man and his medical team; and also to the doctor in Billings who knew if anyone could save their lives it was him.
Dr Porreco is an amazing doctor. Professional, kind, direct. I had a high risk pregnancy that most MFM's would not have given a chance for my little boy to survive. DrPorreco gave him every possible chance. He and his partners were there every day monitoring my baby while keeping us informed of our options. He included my husband and I in the plan of care. We had to deliver at 31 weeks and my son survived. I'm a labor and delivery nurse and I have to say he is the best I've ever met.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Porreco is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Richard P Porreco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsObstetrix Medical Group, 2055 N High St Ste 230, Denver, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard P Porreco in this video.
Dr. Richard P Porreco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.