Dr. Richard Proia Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Richard Proia?

BE AWARE

Posted on March 19th, 2016

We heard good things about proia but I agree with the post I read . My stepdad needed open heart surgery he performed this surgery this man has not bedside manner or cares about his patients he failed to do echocardiogram after surgery we are on our 19th day in the hospital. He said he was done & was going to release him . He couldn't even get out of the bed! He never once sent in any doctors or listened to his chest all he does is the surgery! He tried to send home said insurance had paid there limit! because he thought he was overweight ,being lazy & couldn't get out of bed he told him couldn't breath good & was hurting in his backside all he could say was because your laying in this bed he looked at him like he to lazy to get up. He had blood in urine for two days when nurses called he said he would check it in the morning well morning come & we hit kidney failure because he did not once listened to family or listen to the patient. We begged for echocardiogram but he said it was not necessary. By that evening had to tap the heart for fluids build up because he refused to do his job & follow his patient from beginning to end there was 2400 cc of blood drawn which is 2 quarts !! So my advice to whoever reads this find another doctor unless you have a death wish !

Posted on February 15th, 2016

I am a retired nurse with 44 yrs. of experience in 3 states. I have never met a doctor with such integrity and compassion. He is the prime example of what we all were told "Put the patient first" . He cared for my husband in his last days. He made a difference . I am eternally grateful

Great UNTIL you've had surgery, then he's done with you.

Posted on November 15th, 2015

He's very personable--in the beginning--and he may be a good surgeon, I don't know. He did surgery on my father who was active and walked into the hospital on his own and who was fine except for a spot on his lung. Two days later he was on a ventilator. The day after surgery we were very concerned about his condition and told Proia we had concerns, only to be told that we should do that with his primary general physician on an outpatient basis and that all he had done the surgery and he was done. Proia didn't seem to care that he hadn't eaten since he arrived at the hospital and that he was steadily getting weaker and weaker. Not his problem. He apparently had weekend plans. In short, he's great until he gets your money, then he's done with you. There's no aftercare or daily visits or any sort of follow up. If something goes wrong, you're at the mercy of whoever the on call doctor is...you won't see Proia again.

Posted on November 4th, 2015