Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard R Burns MD
Dr. Richard R Burns, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard R Burns has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Richard R Burns has the following 11 expertise
- Macular Degeneration
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Vision Issues
Dr. Richard R Burns is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard R Burns - Posted on June 12th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard R Burns - Posted on December 6th, 2013
39 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Carilion Health System
Dr. Richard R Burns Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Richard R Burns
Dr. Richard Burns is the leader of California Eye Professionals' refractive surgery team. With more than 22 years experience in refractive surgery, he has been a pioneer in procedures to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. Dr. Burns has participated in numerous clinical studies and has performed thousands of refractive surgery procedures. He was one of the first ophthalmic surgeons in the United States to use the holmium laser to correct farsightedness. Dr. Burns has been chairman of several hospital ophthalmology departments as well as chairman of both the department of surgery and ophthalmology at the largest multi-specialty group in San Diego. Dr. Burns has been trusted by fellow surgeons to operate on them and their family members. Dr. Burns has appeared on numerous nationwide and regional television and radio broadcasts. Dr. Burns received his medical doctorate at the Mayo Clinic. He completed his residency at the University of California San Diego.
Locations & DirectionsSAN DIEGO EYE INSTITUTE, 3969 4th Ave Ste 301, San Diego, CA
Dr. Richard R Burns is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Diego, CA.