Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard R Harris
Dr. Richard R Harris, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thomasville, AL. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center, Shelby Baptist Medical Center and St Vincents Hospital. Dr. Harris has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard R Harris has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Richard R Harris has the following 15 expertise
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Richard R Harris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Harris is very pleasant. He has been treating me for many years and I have been pleased with his services. There have been times when I didn't have an appointment but I was able to see him in a reasonable time. I have seen him in the Tomasville and Selma office. I was treated courteously by the staff in both offices.
The Nursing staff is awful at the Thomasville office ......never will call you back after 3 week......I've been going to Dr Harris since 1999 he is a great Doctor couldn't ask for no one no better....... but his nursing staff at this office need to learn to be kind to people....... I would give no stars!!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
53 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Richard R Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsR Rex Harris Md Llc, 33650 Highway 43 Ste 300, Thomasville, AL
Dr. Richard R Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thomasville, AL.