Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen R Roskos
Dr. Stephen R Roskos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denton, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Roskos is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Timberlawn Mental Health System. Dr. Roskos has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen R Roskos has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 18
My daughter checked herself into the hospital hoping to get the help she needed. She was a patient of Dr. Roskos. She complained about his bedside manner being poor. He used fowl launguage at her raising his voice because she said the meds were not working she felt no difference. He told her "You are here because you belong in the looney bin." After being inpatient for a week she was never diagnosed and discharged with no prescriptions. Shame on you Dr. Roskos! Your patients come to you for help not to be ridiculed for having an illness. Remember you reap what you sow!
Dr. Roskos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1968
Menninger School Of Psychiatry
Dr. Stephen R Roskos accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen R Roskos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denton, TX.