Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard S Epstein has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Showing 5 of 8
I can't imagine how anyone could say uncomplimentary things about Dr. Epstein. He is kind and decent and completely ethical. He respects his patients' privacy to the extent that, if I see him in the building lobby, he doesn't acknowledge me, so as not to embarrass me if I don't want anyone to know I am seeing a therapist. I may not always agree with him, but I know that he is operating from high moral ground. Dr. Epstein has, I believe, diagnosed me correctly, and he has been a major help to me over the years. Kudos to Dr. Richard Epstein!
Dr Epstein is very wise about abuse of psychiatry. He will not compromise himself or his patients. He is very ethical. His duty is to his individual patient. He would not compromise his patient for another party, an employer, or an institution. He would not sell out an individual patient for a third party fee. Dr Epstein is exceptional. He is simply the BEST.
- Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Dr. Richard S Epstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsParenting After Divorce, 10401 Old Georgetown Rd Ste 400, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Richard S Epstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.