Dr. Richard Freeman Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Richard Freeman?

Very bad doctor for childrent!

Posted on February 18th, 2015

My son saw Dr. Freeman for about years and he always was a jerk. He had my son patch all day long for an entire year when he was 3. I read that children no longer had to patch that long and showed him the studies that were done and he blew up. He also told our regular doctor that it was okay for my son to do vision therapy and even wrote him a letter saying so. We did the therapy and continued about 3 years later the muscle in my sons eye moved so we were refered back to Dr. Freeman. I even begged the doctor to find somewhere else for us to go because my son and I did not like Dr. Freeman. Our doctor said he was the only pediatric ophthalmologist in our area. So, we went back and the first thing Dr. Freeman did was blow up and started yelling that we went to vision therapy. I told him that he agreed with our doctor to do it and that I had a letter that said so. He then called my son a freak. I was horrified and wrote a letter to the board about him. My husband, my son's brother and I were all in the room when he called my son a freak so we had 4 witnesses. Dr. Freeman denied it. We then went to another pediatric opthamologist in St. Paul and he was awesome. So, it was a blessing that Dr. Freeman was so awful because we ended up finding a doctor that was actually the best and treated kids so well they wanted to actually go back. I think Dr. Freeman should not be allowed to see children at all and would not ever recommend him to anyone. He talks down to people because he thinks he is this above specialist and he is not. His peers all know what he is like and don't have anything good to say about him either. There are a lot more specialist out there now then there were when my child was little so at least kids don't all have to see him any longer.

Posted on January 20th, 2015

Dr. Freeman has once again changed my life. I had an eye procedure which was suppose to correct my head tilting and help my unbalanced tendencies. After the procedure was done I immediately experienced a different life. I recommend Dr. Freeman to anyone for anything relating to his specialties. Not only is he a great doctor, but he is a great humanitarian. He helps so many children here and around the world, he is just a great person and I am blessed and grateful I was able to have him as my physician! Thank you very much to you and your staff.

Not a good experience.

Posted on December 17th, 2014

I brought my 10 year old daughter in for an eye exam after she didn't pass her schools eye exam. Dr. Freeman gave her an eye exam and then starts speaking to her in a very condescending way about how she was "faking it." He even told her the lenses he was changing and asking if one was better than the other, were actually clear and the same. It was the rude tone he used with her that I didn't like. It's not his place to speak to my child that way. He gets paid to perform an eye exam and tell me if she passes. Then speak to the parent if you have gripes, you never speak to other people's children that way. I would not recommend him for an eye exam or to be in the same room with a child.

Posted on December 13th, 2017