Dr. Richard Hoffman Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Richard Hoffman?

Posted on April 19th, 2017

The best doctor I have ever dealt with.

EXCELLENT DOC

Posted on January 14th, 2017

I have been under the care of Dr Hoffman for 20 years. He is a caring individual whom is extremely knowledgeable in his field of endocrinology. He has helped me with referrals for other problems that did not pertain to the Endocrine system as well. I have had unscheduled blood work, biopsy, ultrasound on the day of my office visit which makes the treatment of my illness much more convenient.Being a Registered Nurse myself, I have and will continue to refer others to his practice for excellent care.

Posted on June 5th, 2016

One of the worst drs I have ever been in a room with. Time to retire and hang up the chauvanist coat. I have one star because I could not leave it blank. But is a no star dr.

Posted on February 29th, 2016

This man needs to retire. Outdated information and office smells like cigar smoke. Very condescending and cranky.

Posted on November 19th, 2015

He is rude and condescending. I would never recommend him to anyone.

Posted on November 19th, 2015

Abrupt and rude. Very outdated

Find Another Doctor

Posted on October 31st, 2015

This review is not just for Dr. Hoffman - this is for the entire office of all their doctors/pa's and office staff at Victory Blvd Staten Island NY. 1. PA wrote prescriptions were written incorrectly, and the pharmacy needed clarification. His office NEVER called the pharmacy back to clarify the prescription. I had to call every single day for three days leaving multiple voice mail messages and still did not receive a phone call and neither did the pharmacy. 2. The Office wrote two prescriptions for medication without dosages. Both the pharmacy and I tried to get in touch with the doctor for several hours and we never got a call back. I finally got frustrated and called Staten Island Hospital and spoke to the nurse manager who called me back 15 minutes after leaving a voice mail message to tell me that she looked up the information in the hospital computer and had already clarified the information with the pharmacy. Over a week went by and never received a phone call from his office. 3. A prescription was written for a self injecting insulin pen with no needles. The office manager admitted that the needles were missing on the prescription, and a week later the office still has not called in the prescription for needles. We have a pen with insulin, no needles. I had to go to a different doctor to get a prescription for the needles. 4. The office has staff that only operates off of a voice mail system. However, the do not call you back for weeks, if at all. You never get a live person when you call, EVER. 5. The office staff only calls you to confirm an appointment and to reschedule a missed/cancelled appointment. 6. My pharmacy has called me a number of times to let me know that they have called his office every day for 5 days to get refills on my prescriptions that were overdue for refill and the office does not call them back at all. EVER. 7. The only way you get to speak to a person is if you take off from your job, drive there, and walk in without an appointment. I've done this twice so far. 8. The P.A. made a derogatory comment describing how my boyfriend (who is also a patient) was as stubborn as one of her family members, but she said it in another language. 9. One of the nurses in the office said that I would be the "death of her" because she never did so much testing on a person. 10. When I complained to someone in their office about all the statements above, they said they were very busy and don't have the resources that "other" Endocrinologists have, such as hospital affiliations and staffing. (I thought they were affiliated with a major hospital? no? And they fail to realize their staffing problem IS their problem) 11. I feel their office professionalism, lack of response for patient care, poor prescription writing/clarification with pharmacies is is one big medical malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen.

Horrible

Posted on June 24th, 2015

Terrible bedside manner.

Posted on September 15th, 2014

Horrible experience and have not yet even seen the doctor. Receptionist was curt and kept me on held for 15 minutes. When i called back the service was not available. Making me think twice about what type of doctor conducts his business in this manner!

Posted on April 5th, 2011

Dr. Hoffman was very thorough in his evaluation of my symtoms.

Posted on July 16th, 2017