Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Sample
Dr. Richard Sample, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Madison, SD. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Sample is affiliated with Madison Community Hospital - CAH, Flandreau Medical Center/Avera Health and Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota Llc. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Sample has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Sample is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Madison Community Hospital - CAH
Flandreau Medical Center/Avera Health
Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota Llc
Avera Mckennan Hospital & University Health Center
Landmann-Jungman Memorial Hospital - CAH
Weiner Memorial Medical Center
Creighton Area Health Services
Avera Holy Family Health
Hegg Memorial Health Center
35 Years Experience
University of South Dakota
Graduated in 1978
Locations & Directions903 N Washington Ave, Madison, SD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Sample in this video.
Dr. Richard Sample is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, SD.