Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard S Sandor
Dr. Richard S Sandor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Sandor is affiliated with Saint John's Health Center and UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Sandor has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard S Sandor has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Richard S Sandor has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Richard S Sandor has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard S Sandor is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Sandor is absolutely brilliant. He wastes no time in a session. He is a sharp listener, asked poignant questions, and offers credible advice. He is so sharp, that he was able to pinpoint my problem in 1 session. I followed up with 3 more sessions, and am back on track to fulfillment and happiness. Dr. Sandor is no nonsense. He is succinct, and quick to understand both what you say and what you don't say. Then when he recounts back what you are thinking, it is like a light bulb going off in your head. Dr. Sandor is definitely brilliant. I thoroughly respect him!
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sandor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRichard Stephen Sandor Md, 2665 30th St Ste 216, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Richard S Sandor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.