Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard A Schoor has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Dysfunction (Physiological)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Biopsy results accurate but inadequate pre-surgical instructions for the biopsy. Severe post biopsy infection. He left hospital in a hurry after biopsy to return to his practice when I was in urinary retention.Hospital released me when I was still in urinary retention. Web search indicated retention was medical emergency so I go to his office. Schoor broke Foley catheter inside me in his office in effort to resolve retention. Never looked for broken fragments inside me. No lidocaine when inserting catheters. Yanked catheter out quickly causing severe pain and bleeding. Lost blood work drawn at his office. No PSA measurements for what turned out to be advanced prostate cancer. Maybe I had misfortune of catching him on a few bad days or he was doing procedures out of his knowledge or comfort zone. Regardless, I do not want to risk returning and can not recommended him. Staff efficient but cold and uncaring.
I highly recommend dr Schoor . I have vulvar vestibulitis and interstitial cystitis that went undiagnosed by many practitioners. He gets to the point and cares about fixing my issues not just to the point that it is improved but completely resolved . Also, he is easy to get in touch with , will do phone appointments and listens to everything I have to say .
Dr. Schoor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
New York University
Dr. Richard A Schoor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNew York Center For Pain Management, 285 E Main St Ste 207, Smithtown, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Schoor in this video.
Dr. Richard A Schoor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithtown, NY.