Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard B Schwarz has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard B Schwarz has the following 9 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Disease
Dr. Richard B Schwarz has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard B Schwarz is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Don't know who wrote the previous review - my family and I found Dr. Schwarz to be highly professional, courteous, compassionate and skillful. When he was in practice in Huntington, he was very busy, and thus often delayed. But he was always worth waiting for. He also frequently had medical students with him, and seemed to be doing his best to infuse knowledge and passion for patient care into them. I am confident that he will be a great asset to LIJ.
He is beyond arrogant, lacks knowledge, and has no interest in prolonging human life. Stay far away from him and now that he is working for LIJ you should stay far away from any hospital affiliated with the North Shore LIJ health system. It was a terrible decision for them to employ such an animal. He has nothing positive to offer!
39 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Lac Usc Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLong Island Jewish Medical Center, 27005 76th Ave, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard B Schwarz in this video.
Dr. Richard B Schwarz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.