Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard A Shubin has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sleep Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Movement Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
This guy handled my MS the majority of my life. This man back big pharmaceutical for his own financial benefit. He knows darn well disease modifying drugs don't help us. How can they if there is no known cause for this issue. Well after 25 years of being an "MS" patient, I self researched my way out of it. I was told I'd always be in a wheelchair and the only thing that would help me are those useless poisons. Well I fully conquered MS and mobile again since releasing myself from his care. Please do your own research because mainstream medicine has exploited our disease. Drugs are not the answer! There are valuable alternatives out there. Be aware and stay away from this clueless doctor Richard Shubin!!
Dr. Shubin himself is a great practitioner. He is extremely thorough, knowledgeable, and spends time with his patients to ensure that he understands their issues. His treatment approach is careful and considered, with an eye to avoiding over-treatment and unwanted drug interactions. Truly a fantastic doctor. *However*, dealing with his office staff is such an incredible nightmare that it has made me seriously consider leaving Dr. Shubin's practice. Aside from the live receptionist who answers the main number, Dr. Shubin's office staff (his nurse and secretary) never answers their phones. Voicemails to them are routinely ignored, and repeated messages rarely result in a returned phone call. For instance, I have recently switched insurance, and am trying to get Dr. Shubin's office to initiate a prior authorization for a CPAP machine. I have been calling the office for a week, leaving messages about this request, and am still waiting. In short, if you choose Dr. Shubin as your neurologist, you will receive an extremely high standard of care from the doctor, but expect a very frustrating experience from the office staff.
I've never had a drs office where no one answers the phone or calls back within the day.You get through to the front desk but they transfer to his secretary.Maybe 1 out of a hundred they answer.You just wait if they do call back.I shouldn't have to pester to get something.If you are that darn busy hire another girl.It has actually given me a migraine having to deal with getting my meds and an appt.My daughter had been getting headaches.Almost 2 months for her to get seen there.Called another Nuero and she got seen the next dam day and the guy is busy too.She had 4 appts in that 2 month time span I would have waited.And she's migraine free now.I shouldn't have to go to urgent care or er cause I have a migraine.What good are you if you can't help? It's just become laughable.He is a good dr though but trying to even get an appt will make you pull out your hair.Look for someone who answers the phone and has an appt within a decent time frame otherwise you will suffer for a while if you have problem.I don't want to have a serious problem and get screwed cause I have to wait months to get seen there.Just shop around as I say and this place shouldn't even be an option for sick people
36 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Richard A Shubin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRichard Alan Shubin Md, 1015 N 1st Ave, Arcadia, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Shubin in this video.
Dr. Richard A Shubin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arcadia, CA.