Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Richard G Sowden
Dr. Richard G Sowden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monroe, NC. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard G Sowden has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Richard G Sowden has the following 7 expertise
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
Dr. Richard G Sowden has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard G Sowden is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 5
This clown operated on me in the late 80's for a varicocele. I was in my early 20's. Anyway, the operation was not a success. Not only that, he acted like he didn't really care. About 4 years later I was fortunate enough to find a a competent urologist in Charlotte off of Kings dr. I think his name was Lawrence Boggs. He must have been in his early 70 's . This guy was 10 times the surgeon that no talent Sowden was/is or ever will be. He got me straightened out the first time. I seriously doubt that Dr. Boggs is around now, considering this has been about 22 years ago. What a great guy though. I'd rather have a one armed, partially blind chimp operate on me with a spoon, than have that incompetent Sowden touch me again. You can believe it or not.
48 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1970
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Richard G Sowden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
Locations & DirectionsUnion Urology, 1503 E Franklin St, Monroe, NC
Dr. Richard G Sowden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroe, NC.