Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Richard L Stern
Dr. Richard L Stern, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Grapevine, TX. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Stern is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Irving and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Dr. Stern has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard L Stern has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Richard L Stern has the following 25 expertise
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Limited Scleroderma
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Relapsing Polychondritis
- Diffuse Scleroderma
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Wegener Granulomatosis
- Churg-Strauss Syndrome
Dr. Richard L Stern has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard L Stern is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Stern has been my doctor for approximately five years. I would certainly recommend him to anyone. My wife and I find him to always be very cordial and unlike many doctors he has a great sense of humor. My wife doesn't normally have a very high opinion of most of most doctors so the fact that she really likes Dr. Stern speaks volumes. All that aside he is an excellent doctor and has performed nothing short of a miracle in diagnosing and treating me for two separate autoimmune diseases. I am currently feeling better than I have in years. His office staff and nurses are always very friendly and professional.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Stern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1998
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Richard L Stern accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard L Stern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.