Dr. Richard I Sultan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard I Sultan?

Confused.

Ok so my son saw Dr Sultan two years ago because he had really bad migraines. Seemed very thorough and ordered tests that came back negative. Then this is when things got hairy and I'm still smh. Dr starts asking my son who is 16 if the medicine he took worked when he had his migraine. My son answers No. Then doctor asks me why my son wasn't taking a certain medicine he prescribed. Then he looked back in his notes and saw that my insurance company denied it and offered another Triptan. He said I ddont know what insirance you have I said I have relally good Insurance so I don't know why they denied it but then said to doctor well maybe you can say he doesn't react to the medicine well and maybe that will help. He said No. So then he began shaking his head In disgust saying "LETS DO MY regime okay"! Like I doing something wrong??? Seriously. So freaken weird. He then gives me the same medicine that my insueqmxe denied twice. Wth!

nobody like him

Amazing doctor, thorough, informative, compassionate, goes above and beyond.

Always accessible and prompt in managing care. My son has been going to Dr Sultan for over 10 years. Would never change. Very satisfied.

Dr Sultan was excellent with my son. I highly recommend him.

Antiphospholipid syndrone

Dr. Sultan was the second child neurologist we saw...and the one we are so grateful for! My granddaughter was 14 ... now 20 ... and we trust him beyond words for all the care and research he did to help diagnose and treat her. He can be intimidating...but on her first visit, he reassured her that he believed her and would review/ detect the problems to help. That support for her was what put him on the top of her list! He has a sense of humor...! He is thorough in explanations. He provided very good MD's to help also follow in her treatment. He has our utmost respect for his knowledge and treatment...which for her will be lifetime! His knowledge and dedication saved her life! Yes, getting the initial appointment is difficult...several months wait! BUT...in the end it was worth it...and followup appointments can be made with much less difficulty. We are now down to more 6-12 month visits and know to schedule far in advance. He believed she had a problem...the pediatrician didn't! The first neurologist knew nothing of what she was talking about. Dr. Sultan listened to us...! Great doctors are worth their weight in gold!

Highly Recommend

Dr. Sultan is a very busy doctor who is top in his field. While at times his bedside manner can be a bit abrasive, he is completely professional and follows through with everything. My son was at Jersey Shore for seizures and I was soo happy when I was told that Dr. Sultan makes rounds 2x a day! He was proactive and cautious with my son's care. I would definitely recommend him.

He is the Man

My daughter was having serious seizures, we were treated at JSMC by Dr Sultan. He explained each and every test that was administered , he was confident and precise on all of Diagnosis's. Currently my daughter is Seizure free under his care. Some may not like his demeanor, but if you want your child to be treated by one of the most respected Dr's in his field, this is the man to go too.

Worst Care or Lack of

This man calls himself a doctor when he was the only neurologist on call at the hospital and he refused to see a 5 year old patient that was having a 20 minute seizure. He blatantly told the Dr treating the 5 year old that he REFUSES to see this patient. He should have his license taken from him!

HIS EGO IS HIS WORST ENEMY

I started seeing Dr.Sultan after seeing his associate at the hospital and this was in early 1990 near the beginning of his pratice which according to his records, he graduated from medical school in 1983. He was quick to pass judgement and even though I was seeing him for headaches anjd Migrane headache medicine was not availible yet, he put me on FUIRINAIL for headaches, but also the strong antidepresant ELEVILL without explaining the true type of drug it was. I found out fr5om a bartender who knew someone who took the ELEVILL and comitted suicide, which is a known side efect of the drug. WHEN I questioned him on why he didn't explain what he was realy prescribing, he got very loud and defensive. That was the last time I saw him as a patient. He sdpotted me out one day and yelled in my direction"HOW ARE THE HEADACHES"?

RN

very very dissatified could not recognize infant seizures

Dr. Sultan

I have been taking my Daughter to Dr. Sultan for over 12 years. He has been very patient with my daughter and with us as we asked many questions abou ...