Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard J Sveum has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
- Allergy & Immunology
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I had some swellings all over my body for months. My mouth, eye lids,... everywhere, was swelling. I saw 8 different specialists (3 from Allergy not counting Dr. Sveum). They had no clue what was happening. One of them told me "People get hives just take some antihistamine". Unbelievable..... What I learned during that period, is that as in every profession there are ~10% of people who really know things and are good, the rest 90% is just coasting to their retirement and is unwilling to learn anything new (same holds for my filed, Aerospace Engineering). After 6 months of seeing different specialists and being disappointed how little they know, as a last ditch effort I turned to Park Nicollet clinic since I heard (from a friend of mine who is Cardiologist) that they have a few very good doctors there. I walked into Dr. Sveum offic. He asked me to tell him what the problem was. I described the problem and symptoms in 20 minutes (he let me speak and just listened - very rare these days). When I was done, he told me the diagnosis. I told him that I saw 8 doctors and 3 from Allergy specialty and they had no clue. And I asked him why I should believe him. He said: "Because I am good and I know my stuff, the others you saw have no clue what they are doing". Than he told me where he did his specialization, how many cases like mine he saw, and how he treated them. I was floored. Rarely in life do you come to somebody who knows things and is so confident. I liked him immediately. I have been his patient for the last 3 years. Every time I go for visit (2 times a year), he makes a point of reading what I told him last time, than asks me if anything changed, and notes everything done. He does his work professionally and covers all the bases. In fact out of all doctors that I visited he is the most through/professional one. I wish I could give 6 starts for Accurate Diagnosis category. My only concern is what I will do when he retires.
39 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1979
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Richard J Sveum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPark Nicollet Clinic-St Louis Park, 3850 Park Nicollet Blvd, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard J Sveum in this video.
Dr. Richard J Sveum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.