Dr. Richard Nguyen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Nguyen?

gastric bypass patient and obesity survivor!

Posted on April 14th, 2014

Dr Nguyen save my life as well, I was 360 lbs, diabetic, had hypertension, sleep apnea, etc etc. could barely walk and breath comfortably and had gastric bypass four years ago, I got down to 150lbs and did not feel very strong at this weight plus looked very old and "loose" I weigh 175 now and I am healthy, and comfortable with myself. Dr. Nguyen is very patient and understanding and IS Not in it for the $ PLEASE he is one of the only doctors I know of that accepts medical and really pulls for you to get approved; he has good referrals for dietician support and really is a the best surgeon I have had. He is a busy doctor so appointments can be brief, write down your questions in order of importance in case you cannot get thru all of them; and expect a little bit of a wait. In the hospital he takes care of you, informed my husband in detail about my procedure and was reassuring to me and my husband after surgery. I am not sure why those couple of bad reviews were written? I had the opposite experience; maybe like the doctor said, not everyone is cut out for this surgery; I believe Dr. Nguyen has a good eye for a sick person, maybe these people needed some other kind of help not just gi bypass. But if you are committed to changing your lifestyle and eating habits forever; he will help you; but you have to have the right head for it to--hence the psychiatric eval. I give Dr. Richard 5 stars! he is absolutely the best in Santa Clara Valley. thanks Dr. Nguyen

Still in process

Posted on March 9th, 2013

I saw Dr. Nguyen about six months ago, Im still trying to get all of my clearances. He was very friendly, listened to what I had to say. I didn't ask as much as I should but he answered the questions I did have. I don't think he's about the money as suggested ( come on, if that were the case, why would he take MediCal patients?) but I do feel like I didn't get all the information I needed. I started to do my own research to fill in the whole ( now Im scared haha). I go back to see him next month and I know we are going to have a lot to discuss!!

Posted on May 13th, 2010

a surgeon is supposed to operate when the patients health is at risk. this surgeon seems like he cares but the truth of the matter is he is judgmental! looks down at people who've had any kind of drug problem and that is very disappointing.

Doctor's Response

Sorry you felt you were treated in an unfair way. I'm not sure of this exact situation but depending on the drug, length of time since use, individual person or situation it may make some patients not great surgical candidates, unfortunately.

Posted on March 9th, 2017