Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard T Scott Jr
Dr. Richard T Scott Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Basking Ridge, NJ, with another office in Morristown, NJ. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Scott is affiliated with St Peters University Hospital. Dr. Scott has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard T Scott Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Richard T Scott Jr has the following 7 expertise
- In vitro fertilization or (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injections)
- Embryo Transfer
- Embryo Loss
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Dr. Richard T Scott Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard T Scott Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Scott cares more about being a celebrity than a doctor who's supposed to help and care about his patients. I saw him only once, for the initial consultation and never again. Whenever I asked to speak with him, I would get a call back from his assistant who although a nice guy, is straight out of college. The reason I went to dr. Scott was for his experience, not to be simply pushed over to an assistant. RMNJ is a factory and you will be nothing more than a number to them. If yours is an uncomplicated situation, anyone will likely be able to help you including dr. Scott. But, if you need individualized care, you should look elswhere, otherwise you can expect to be forced into their mold. You should also know that one of the reasons their success rates are high is because they do not do day 3 embryo transfers which is a huge disadvantage to you as a patentient, but it helps keep their success rates high. After being told by dr. Scott that my chances of having a biological child were almost next to zero due to my poor egg quality, and after 4 failed IVF cycles, I moved on to a smaller practice and got pregnant on my secon IUI, with my own egg. I cannot recommend dr. Scott and RMANJ to anyone.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Scott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Richard T Scott Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard T Scott Jr in this video.
Dr. Richard T Scott Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Basking Ridge, NJ.