Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard A Tiberio
Dr. Richard A Tiberio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Connellsville, PA, with another office in Connellsville, PA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Tiberio is affiliated with Highlands Hospital. Dr. Tiberio has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard A Tiberio has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
He is the only doctor I have seen in several years. I find him to be accurate and caringand I am comfortable with the amount of time he has spent with me and have not felt rushed. Recent times have been a shorter time in the waiting room than before his move, so I am pleased with that! He is an excellent doctor.
I have seen Dr. Tiberio almost my entire adult life. I only had a different doctor when my insurance changed and since have changed insurance to what he accepts. He has always been kind and caring. When you need to see him you can get an appointment the day you call or first thing the next morning. Since he has his new office on the West Side by BP the longest I have waited to see him TOTAL- from walking in the door till I am in the room with the Doctor is 5 minutes. His staff is kind, caring, and friendly. He has always taken very good care of me. When I have had issues he has fixed me or has referred me to the proper doctors, not to mention his staff makes the appointments for me that day! I have been to several other doctors and Dr. Tiberio is hands down the best!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tiberio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Richard A Tiberio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard A Tiberio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Connellsville, PA.