Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard S Tilson MD
Dr. Richard S Tilson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Chelmsford, MA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard S Tilson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Richard S Tilson has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Richard S Tilson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
WORST GI DOCTOR
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard S Tilson - Posted on October 10th, 2013
Had colonoscopy done. In the notes I received at discharge it stated to take a GI med. I called the office as no dosage was given to ask about dosage to date that call has not been returned. Two weeks after test was performed I called the office for biopsy results the office stated that inspite of the fact they had had results for 2 weeks the doctor had not even looked at them. I was told the doctor was doing colonoscopy's but they would give him the message. Perhaps Dr. Tilson should do less colonoscopy's so he can follow up with his patients. I also requested that based on family history a test not routinely done be performed on the gastric tissue this was never order by Dr. Tilson. I had the slides sent to another lab and this test proved postitive for a life threatening disease. It has now been 4 weeks since my test there has been no communication by Dr Tilson or his staff as the to the results of the test. RUN to another GI doctor your life may depend on it!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard S Tilson - Posted on October 19th, 2012
23 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina School Of Dentistry
Graduated in 1996
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Richard S Tilson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGASTROENTEROLOGY CONSULTANTS, 20 Research Pl Ste 220, North Chelmsford, MA
Dr. Richard S Tilson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Chelmsford, MA.