Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard W Townsend has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Townsend is the best doctor I have ever had. He is proactive in potential problems and is able to see me on short notice when I have problems. I would recommend his practice to anyone. His practice takes care of my entire family.
I think that Dr. Townsend is a good Doctor, and he truly cares about his patients. The only thing that bothered me was he stated that I hadn't had a mammogram in a few years. I in fact have a yearly mammogram at the Baptist Health Imaging on I95 on Old St. Augustine Rd. Apparently, Baptist Health Imaging does not share with Baptist Primary care - isn't that ironic? What does one have to do to get that information transferred from one Baptist facility to another?
Dr Townsend is a good doctor that has my best interest at heart. He does not always tell me what I want to hear, but what I need to hear. Excellent service. Never have had to wait more than a few minutes to be seen when I have an appointment. His staff is good and do a good job, but sometimes their common sense is a bit off. Overall they do a good job though. I have referred people to him and would continue to do so.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
22 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Richard W Townsend accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaptist Primary Care, 120 Gateway Cir Unit 1, Saint Johns, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard W Townsend in this video.
Dr. Richard W Townsend is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Johns, FL.