Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard M Toy has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Worst ER ever Visit Ever. Dr. Toy discharged me without conducting any tests, nor did he treat me. He discharged me knowing full well I was in severe pain that was felt all the way from my gallbladder up into my brain, and that I was also severely nauseated, and vomiting, symptoms known to cause dehydration, all evidenced by an elevated blood pressure fever and chills. After being diagnosed with acute Cholecystitis, (easy to read) on a previous ER visit just days prior, and with difficulty getting in for surgery because of a loophole where my insurance was requiring me to establish a new PCP before the surgery could be scheduled. I should have minimally Dr. Toy should have treated my symptoms and possibly done another ultra sound to verify that in fact that my bile duct was not obstructed. Minimally an treating me with an IV and re-hydration, pain medication, and anti nausea medication, so that I could have some relief from the pain long enough for me to get hydrated so I could get something down in my stomach until I could see my new PCP to refer me for the surgery. Dr. Toy was not compassionate, and his bedside manner did not reflect the Providence Core Values or Mission Statement.
21 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1997
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Richard M Toy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health Connexus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Portland Medical Center, 4805 NE Glisan St, Portland, OR
Dr. Richard M Toy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.