Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard G Trohman
Dr. Richard G Trohman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Trohman is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center. Dr. Trohman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard G Trohman has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Myocardial Infarction
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Heart Failure
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Heart Block
- Catheter Ablation
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Rapid Heart Beat (Tachycardia)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Flutter
- Bundle-Branch Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Sick Sinus Syndrome
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Catheterization
- Coronary Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Yes, I would definitely choose this doctor again. What I especially like about Dr. Trohman is that he takes his time to explain everything in detail, and also explains all the options very thoroughly. He is well regarded by all his peers, and has a wonderful physician-client manner.
Perhaps these other posts want as soap opera doctor of General Hospital but I have found Dr. Trohman to be very conscientious, caring, and concerned. He has worked on both my wife and my father and if it were not for him, I know I wouldnt have my dad now. As for my wife, he was concerned she was a candidate for sudden death due to her condition and insisted on her having a defibrillator. He is VERY knowledgeable in his area and definitely knows his stuff! Amazing how a few posts from some malcontents can besmirch someones reputation.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Trohman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Jackson Health System
Dr. Richard G Trohman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRush University Cardiologists, 1725 W Harrison St Ste 1159, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard G Trohman in this video.
Dr. Richard G Trohman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.