Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard K Umstot Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
Dr. Richard K Umstot Jr has the following 2 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Umstot is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Charleston Area Medical Center
Dr. Richard K Umstot Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWvu Physicians Charleston, 1201 Washington St E Ste 208, Charleston, WV
Dr. Richard K Umstot Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.