Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard W Urbanek
Dr. Richard W Urbanek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with other offices in Kearny, NJ and West New York, NJ (and 3 other locations). He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Urbanek has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard W Urbanek has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Richard W Urbanek has the following 14 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Laser Surgery
Dr. Richard W Urbanek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I DO NOT recommend this doctor to anyone at all. Upon meeting him and the few words we discussed he is so disrespectful and should not work with peopl ...
Matt the PA is great! Liz and the medical assistants are good too. Dr. U did a procedure for me once and his ego was horrible! I never want to see him again. The admin staff in the front are not professional. They spend too much time talking badly about people after they leave or complaining about callers. They have been rude to me on the phone too when scheduling appointments. Hopefully now that they were bought by another company their morale will improve. I really like Matt and he's the only reason I still go there.
True the Dr is seldom there. The staff left to administrat are just awfull !!! I di not agree that PAs should diagnose or treat without supervision!! Results I've gotten from Dr U himself were predicably good, but the staff issue makes me unwilling to return as it has only gotten worse, not better over this past year
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
45 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1973
Temple University Health System
Dr. Richard W Urbanek accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard W Urbanek in this video.
Dr. Richard W Urbanek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.