Dr. Richard B Kim Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Richard B Kim?

Dr. Kim and his staff are amazing! I had ACDF surgery in October, then Lumbar surgery in November. My surgeries were wonderfully successful! The entire process from the initial MRI through both surgeries was thorough and professional. Dr. Kim is a calm, kind, extremely knowledgeable and compassionate surgeon, and is surrounded by the most professional staff and support group. I would recommend Dr. Kim to anyone who is suffering from spinal issues.

Excellent treatment and care

Dr. Kim performed a partial laminectomy on my L3/4 and L4/5 areas and it has made all the difference in the world! I am once again pain free and active. The follow up care has also been amazing as well. I highly recommend Dr. Kim and DISC who anyone who wants a successful operation and excellent care. 5 Stars from me!

Saved my life !

Dr. Kim was the ONLY doctor out of 5 others that actually listened to my concerns, and was brilliant in his diagnosis. I had come to him with my issues, gave him my thoughts of what I thought it was, he listened and didn't pass me off as crazy, and we were both correct ! It has been a tough recovery, but he is so caring and sincere, I am very grateful for him. We are both in this for the long run and I am comforted to know he is there.

Outstanding doctor. Took time to explain options & plan of action for a successful recovery.

Richard Kim is a great surgeon!

He's an amazingly good surgeon! That's really all that matters when it's surgery, but he was also great in all other regards!

Don't be afraid of back surgery.

While I waited for weeks to be seen by neurologists who didn't diagnose me correctly, Dr. Kim figured it out. Surgery was so successful, that I went back when the next disc failed. The latter was repaired before the others even got me into their office. That was almost 10 years ago, and I still surf, ski and sail regularly. Spectacular outcome.

Dr Kim is a great Dr and Surgeon! So glad I went with him.

MD

He and his office staff were great. He takes almost all insurances. He has great training and great experience. I am a doctor so I know more than most how good a doctor he is. He is very kind and honorable as well as a gifted surgeon.

Thank you so much Dr Kim!!

Dr. Kim is a 10 out of 10!!!!! I was having bad back pain and it was getting worse day by day. I had my L4 & L5 fusion by Dr Kim and feel 100% better. I have my life back and I can not thank the team Dr Kim used to help me from day 1 until now enough!!! Thank you all so much! I now have "NO" pain and am back to doing everything I used to do. I am still very careful since its only been 6 months post op but back to working out running and holding my 6 year old son. Thank you Dr Kim!!!!!!

Don G

I waited for him for 40 minutes and he spoke to me for only 5 minutes. Didn't even show me my MRI. He is very vague in answering questions, will not explain in detail "why" I need surgery, very emotionless and arrogant. Trust me, you can find a much better doctor elsewhere.

Couldn't ask for a better experience!

First, let me say that I am SHOCKED that there are any bad reviews about Dr. Kim and his staff?! I have had nothing but a PERFECT experience all around. I consulted with Dr. Kim about severe degenerative disc disease (L4-L5 & L5-S1). He recommended a minimally-invasive two-level spinal fusion. He described everything in detail and answered ALL of my questions. Never tried to rush me out. I was totally sold. Then I had a slight problem with my insurance company. Jane (surgery scheduler) and Elia (Nurse Practitioner?) worked every day to get the surgery approved. Kept me in the loop the whole time. And it was approved! I had a my two-level lumbar fusion 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier! My stay at Hoag was short but fabulous. I could've gone home the day after my surgery but decided to stay one more night...so I went home 2 days after my surgery. I was continuously checked on by Dr. Kim, Elia and Dr. Kim's partner. I had my first follow-up appointment yesterday and saw both Elia and Dr. Kim. All of my questions were answered and I will continue to see them for a few more months. My recovery is going great...I was able to walk a few laps around the hospital the day after my surgery. I can walk up to a mile now (but still get really tired). I am very optimistic about my surgery and recovery...and I think I'm well on my way to getting my life back! Thank you Dr. Kim and staff! I really couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Great Dr and Great Staff

This entire practice is exceptional, from Dr Kim to his nurse practitioner as well as the entire office staff!!!