Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Wait
Dr. Richard Wait, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Wait is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center, Baystate Franklin Medical Center and Baystate Medical Center. Dr. Wait has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Wait has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Richard Wait has the following 11 expertise
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Diseases
- Endocrine Disorders
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Diseases
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pancreatic Diseases
Dr. Richard Wait is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wait is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baystate Franklin Medical Center
Baystate Medical Center
Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
39 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Richard Wait accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsBaystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Wait in this video.
Dr. Richard Wait is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.