Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard A Wandzel
Dr. Richard A Wandzel, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Highland, MI, with another office in Howell, MI. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology. Dr. Wandzel is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard A Wandzel has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Oophoritis (Ovary inflammation)
- Sleep Disorders
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Resurfacing
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Hair Restoration
- Primary Headache Disorders
Showing 5 of 33
I liked Dr. Wandzel's bedside manner, he was professional and kind. I have been to his office (for an ongoing issue) 3 times. The first time I thought maybe the long wait time was a fluke but the next 2 times were just as long, maybe longer. I am usually at his office between 1-1.5 hrs. That is TOO long. Overall I would recommend the doctor but am unhappy with how long it takes to see him, I feel like if patients are expected to be on time then doctors should keep a reasonably timely schedule. If it seems like you are always running late with your patients then the need would be to see less patients and allow for longer appt times.
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We have recently made changes in our two offices to better serve our patients. Due to healthcare changes and the demands of electronic health records, our office was affected and has since made adjustments to better accommodate the needs of our patients. We apologize for your long wait, as we do consider your time as valuable.
Dr. Wandzel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Richard A Wandzel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard A Wandzel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Highland, MI.