Dr. Richard A Wandzel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard A Wandzel?

Dr. Wandzell has been wonderful. I came to him after another ENT had misdiagnosed/mistreated a ear infection for over 12 weeks. Dr. Wandzell was able to treat the ear infection and also discovered the cause

Good doctor but horribly long wait

I liked Dr. Wandzel's bedside manner, he was professional and kind. I have been to his office (for an ongoing issue) 3 times. The first time I thought maybe the long wait time was a fluke but the next 2 times were just as long, maybe longer. I am usually at his office between 1-1.5 hrs. That is TOO long. Overall I would recommend the doctor but am unhappy with how long it takes to see him, I feel like if patients are expected to be on time then doctors should keep a reasonably timely schedule. If it seems like you are always running late with your patients then the need would be to see less patients and allow for longer appt times.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We have recently made changes in our two offices to better serve our patients. Due to healthcare changes and the demands of electronic health records, our office was affected and has since made adjustments to better accommodate the needs of our patients. We apologize for your long wait, as we do consider your time as valuable.

I am very thankful for the service Dr. Wandzel provided to me.

Dr. Wandzel is great! I have been suffering from dizziness and tinnitus for the past few months, and Dr. Wandzel has helped me feel 100% again!

Great Doctor

Dr Wandzel is a great doctor.I ask alot of questions and he has no problem spending the time to explain.Very down to earth.I made an appt. for my son to see him also.Thanks dr. wandzel.

Very caring and attentive

Became part of my medical team while I was in hosp. He spent a lot of time with me and really wanted to hear what I had to say and came up with a care plan. I, however, was quite shocked @ very rude attitude of his reception staff/person who answered phone to make appt. I almost cancelled making appt. b/c of her attitude! At office appt., he was ~extremely~ attentive, caring and provided ~excellent~ care (being in nursing 30+ yrs I can spot a good dr.!) I certainly recommend Dr. Wandzel and thank him for being so compassionate, well-trained, accessible, & dedicated.

Doctor's Response

Very pleased to have assisted you during your time at the hospital. We are committed to being knowledgeable and professional. At times, when new staff are hired, not all employees take pride in their work or are considerate to the needs of others. We have since made changes in our staff to better serve our patients with both a pleasant staff, and time spent waiting. Thank you for your recommendation.

Great ENT

Dr. Wandzel is a really great doctor. He is caring, respectful of what I am going through, and he does everything he can to try and help me. so he is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to everyone that needs to see a good ENT doctor.

Dr. Wandzel's office staff are very rude. I wanted to get a 2nd opinion and so I requested my son's records and they were snotty about it. My son has had 12 ear infections in the last 9 months and he didn't want to put tubes in. We now are ending up in ER because he has been on so many antibiotics the bacteria is becomming immune. Also he has kept my son on children's sudafed for 3.5 months which I found out AA of Pediatrics do not recommend it. He wanted to do this another 6 months....forget it I will find someone to put tubes in.

Doctor's Response

According to the standards of care criteria set forth by the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, a myringotomy with insertion of Shepard Tubes should not be performed until after the patient has failed medical treatment. Medical treatment is determined by the number of sick bouts per year, or if less than three, the number of years this condition reoccurs. Insurance companies also dictate which medications should be used (to save costs) and for how long before they will approve of a surgery to be performed (again, to save them the costs of the operation). As a surgeon, it would be far easier to perform the surgery immediately. As for the parents of a sick child, it is very difficult to watch the child suffer, and orchestrate the many office visits required for treatment. We apologize for your discomfort and aggravation. Thank you for your feedback.

He is a great doctor and the only one who has really helped me and he cares about what I am going through

psychotherapist

My experience with Dr. Wandzel was excellent. He is a great diagnostician. He helped us very much. I would highly recommend him.

Worst doctor I ever went to

Stay away from this guy as if your life depends on it. I cannot express to you my disappointment. I sought him out because he is the only ENT in Howell (where I live); I was suffering from chronic bloody noses. The guy made me go through all these tests over four appointments, I spent my entire HSA ($2500), and his diagnosis: "you're fine; it's just allergies or dry air." I said that I disagreed with his diagnosis and he paused, shrugged his shoulders, and suggested surgery. Why would he suggest unnecessary surgery? It's like he truly didn't know or didn't care; I suspect it was both. So, suffice it to say, after all those appointments, and all my money, I got NOTHING for it. TRUST ME: AVOID THIS DOCTOR!

psychologist

Dr. Wandzel was professional. He was an excellent doctor.